Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Fun with Busylight hardware

Back in 2012 I did a test of the Lync Busylight product, and finally it is time for a follow up. I have now received the new redesigned version of the Busylight and also the Kuandobox hardware.

As you probably know the Busylight will be green, yellow or red depending on the status of your Skype for business client. The Kunandobox however, will feed presence status to the client depending of the state of another PBX telephone. So, I decided to combine the two, and here is the result.




Tunneling presence from the PBX phone into my Skype for business client which in turn feeds the busylight next to the phone I have created a nice little "Unified Presence" scenario where people online and people in my room will know when I am busy on the PBX phone or in Skype for business.

Notice the 4 second delay after the handset is put back in place - this is "clerical time" that is settable through the Busylight GUI which resides as a little icon in the taskbar.

Give me some time to breathe between all these calls


Lab setup - Hardware

Lab setup - Software
  • Windows 10
  • Skype for business 2016
  • Kuando Busylight/KuandoBOX software version 3.2.2

No comments:

Post a Comment